Tuesday, February 14, 2023

To Whom My Heart Belongs

 

The first time I saw you, I never imagined that I would fall for you

I guess it's true that you didn't choose the people you fall for, it just happened

It is your eyes that I could not forget

As I looked into them, I saw happiness & home

 

Your presence made my heart beats faster

Your voice send warmth in my heart

Your gaze made me feel butterfly in my stomach

Feelings I haven't felt in such a long time

Somehow I build walls around my heart

Many tried to break those walls, but none had succeeded

Then you came into my life and made me questioning my life choices

My life is literally changing after meeting you

You inspired me in so many positive ways

Your hard work and passion encourage me to become a better person 

 

Now when I see you, I felt both happiness and sadness

Happiness because by seeing you it is enough to brightening up my day

Sadness because I know I shouldn't and couldn't reach out to you

Do you know how many "if only" and "what if" running in my head everyday?

Do you know how much tears I shed because I know I shouldn't feel this way towards you?

Do you know how guilty I am every time I think of you?

Do you know how many times I tried to move on by ignoring, or even hating you?

 I tried and tried, but in the end I kept failing

The more I did that, the more my heart aches and bleeds

 

I'm not asking for anything or even hoping that my feelings were reciprocated

Just like I've done up until now

I will treasure you on my own

Looking at you from behind is enough for me

So when you turn around, you will see me

Cheering for you and praying for your happiness

 

 

Happy Valentine's Day

14 Feb 2023

(writing from one of my favorite city in the entire world)


No comments:

Post a Comment